Sunday, May 8, 2011 | By: Jenggai

Mommy's note to baby

I can still clearly recall the day your dad and I learned about your existence. It was the evening of March 9, 2008 when I first took the home pregnancy test. After following the instructions written in the kit, I waited for a few minutes. And a few more minutes. But nothing appeared. No single or double red lines showed up. So I just shrugged, threw the kit in the trash and went off to bed. The next morning, your dad woke me up with a huge smile on his face… showing me the strip with two red lines. That was you inside mommy’s tummy.


On March 19, 2008, we saw you on the ultrasound screen. Being only 5 weeks old, you were just a tiny mass but your heart was already beating. We were so happy and excited.


On May 8, 2008, daddy had to leave the country to work in a ship. He wasn’t able to see you grow inside mommy’s tummy but he always send text messages of love and kisses to you whenever he gets the chance (and a cell phone signal).


On August 2008, I finally found out that I am having a baby boy. In the ultrasound screen, I saw your head, your body, your arms, legs, your fingers, your toes. I got more excited to see you and hold you in my arms.


Saturday, November 8, 2008 at around 8am, mommy’s water bag finally broke. We went straight to the hospital. I stayed at the labor room all day. And since there were no signs that you’re coming out via normal delivery, the doctor had to literally take you out of my tummy… via cesarean procedure. At exactly 5:02 pm, you were out of mommy’s tummy. I felt elated when I first held you in my arms and wishing daddy can share that special moment with us. At that moment, I knew my life will never be the same again.


Being with you everyday changed my priorities in life. Whatever I do, wherever I go, you’re always the first thing on my mind. Before I had you, whenever I go to the mall, I go straight to the ladies’ clothes and shoes sections. Now, I go straight to the children’s section. Before I had you, going out with friends is my way of unwinding after a stressful day at work. Now, I can’t wait to get all my work done as early as possible to be able to go home and be with you.


It breaks my heart everyday when I hear you cry every morning as I leave the house to go to work. That everyday scene always makes me wish we’re wealthy so I don’t have to leave you everyday to go to work.


I consider being a mom to you an endless job. I didn’t apply to get accepted. I took no exams and interviews. I work on a flexible schedule. It is a job without sick leaves and vacation leaves. No overtime pay, no holiday pay. And certainly no bonuses, incentives and 13th month pay. But one thing’s for sure, having you as my baby makes me wealthier than the wealthiest man on earth.


Thank you for the unconditional love and for making me a part of this special day for mothers. If life is a game, you are my trophy.


4 comments:

Spanish Pinay said...

heartwarming post!

I'm a new follower :) I'd love it if you can follow back.

http://spanishpinaynanay.blogspot.com

Jenggai said...

thanks! i followed you back. you got a cute Little Spanish Pinay :)

Isha Ocado said...

Hi sis! also delivered my little star via CS. love this article!

Jenggai said...

Thanks, Isha! The joy of being a mom is priceless :)

Post a Comment