Tuesday, January 3, 2012 | By: Jenggai

Looking back and looking forward

It's the third day of 2012 and this is my first blog post for this year!

I wasn't able to blog much last month because I was caught in the holiday rush. Plus, there was the 'no long weekend' Christmas weekend that made our Christmas celebrations "so bitin".

My little Andoy was down with fever and cough a few days before Christmas and since his fever was on and off for three days already, we had to bring him in the emergency room of a nearby hospital on Christmas day where his CBC and platelets were checked to make sure that there's no dengue fever part 2 for him. The doctor also advised for a lung x-ray because of his tight and chesty cough. Thank God that after spending Christmas for more than two hours in the emergency room, we were all set to go home. The doctor gave him a couple of home medications to take for several days. And so all of Andoy's "aguinaldo" for that day went straight to Mercury Drug hehe.

I had to go back to work the day after Christmas where I was swamped with so many e-mails. I spent 12 grueling hours of work in the office during that day. It made me wonder if our clients even celebrated Christmas at all! Why would they send tons of work-related e-mails on Christmas eve and Christmas day?

And just when I thought that I will be spending the last long weekend of 2011 sleeping late in the morning and bonding with my family, I caught the 'cough+cold+fever virus'! I spent most of the long weekend lying in bed and coughing my lungs out. Fortunately, I felt a little better a few hours before New Year that's why I was able to get out of the room to eat and celebrate with hubby, Andoy and the rest of my husband's family to welcome 2012. God is really good.

Looking back at all the blessings for the past years, I thank God for taking care of my family and loved ones and for providing us with all our needs. Every blessing, may it be big or small, is still a blessing. Thank you, Lord, for all that you have bestowed upon us.

Looking forward to more of life's simple pleasures in 2012!

Good vibes to everyone!

 

6 comments:

Michi said...

i agree, small or big blessing, is still a blessing from God and we should be thankful. happy new year!

joy said...

ganyan talaga noh, we can never know kung kelan tayo magkasakit. But happy to hear na ok kayo. And yes we have a lot to thank God for, both big and small. Good luck this year too. May it be a memorable year for all of us:)

-Sapphire Mommy (Mommy Jo)- said...

awww,atleast they're all part of 2011 now sis,hoping that 2012 is much better for each and everyone of us.good vibes! :)

Kristeta  (kalokang Pinay) said...

Hapy New Year to you sis! Aww ang daming nagkasakit ng holiday season. Si Poj din may ubo-sipon nung pasko, ako naman nilagnat nung Christmas night. Napagod ata sa pagprepare for the big day. I'm glad to hear that you are both well now and was able to welcome the new year.
All the best for 2012 =)

Unknown said...

Hirap talaga with this weather. Us, we spent New Year's eve in the hospital because my nephew had to be confined too. =(

Jenggai said...

@Tin: Awww sad pala New Year nyo. Ang mga kids pa naman laging looking forward sa Christmas and New Year celebrations. Bawi na lang next year :)

Post a Comment