Sunday, August 14, 2011 | By: Jenggai

Toothbrush challenge no more


If there is one thing Andrei hated the most, it’s brushing his teeth. He used to love brushing... only if it’s his dad who will be the one to do it for him. Since his dad had to leave the country to work last January, I was left with this quite difficult task. I consider persuading Andrei to brush his teeth an extra challenge.

He would always scream “No!” whenever he sees me putting toothpaste on his toothbrush. Thinking that his toothpaste has something to do with his refusal to brush his teeth, I tried changing it, but still with no success. During bath times, I always end up with soaked clothes from struggling to hold Andrei’s head so I can brush his teeth.

And yesterday, I think I found the answer to my prayers! My friends and I went to Shangri-la Mall today and stumbled upon a stall called Momtreprenuer which sells stuffs for babies and moms-to-be. I saw this in one of their display counters:


 A light up timer toothbrush! When you push the button, the blue lights on the toothbrush handle will start blinking. The timer is set at one minute. Just enough time to finish brushing. It costs Php 160.

When I got home, I immediately gave the toothbrush to Andrei. As expected, he said “No!” and ran away. But when he saw it blinking, he came running back to me… smiling from ear to ear. I squeezed some toothpaste on his new toothbrush and handed it to him. I couldn’t contain my excitement when he started brushing his teeth all by himself!



We ended up pushing the light button twice before he finally handed the toothbrush back to me. Whoever invented this toothbrush, one BIG thanks to you!

6 comments:

Michi said...

we also have the same experience, glad i've found this toothbrush. my son is using this since 1 yr old but last month, i bought oral b, cheaper. ok naman, nasanay na siguro sa pag toothbrush. :)

Jenggai said...

is he using the regular toothbrush now? no lights and timer? this is really an effective way to train kids to brush their teeth :)

-Sapphire Mommy (Mommy Jo)- said...

my Xian is also using firefly toothbrush nowadays.He also love it.hassle-free toothbrush moment.medyo sumasakit lang mata ko sa ilaw.haha! i agree,this is one of the best invention for our kiddos :)

Jenggai said...

yes, nakakasilaw nga ang blinking lights hehe

Kristeta  (kalokang Pinay) said...

Wow! That's a great idea! Im glad your lil one's enjoying brushing his teeth =)
Sayang wala nyan dito, though wala naman akong major probs sa pagba-brush, pero pag Ama nya nakatoka - dun na start ng drama! Xoxo

Jenggai said...

good for you kristeta. no toothbrush drama to deal with :)

Post a Comment